Respiratory & Asthma
This service focuses on supporting and educating whānau so they understand what to do if their child has respiratory issues and when to seek additional help. The service is also available for all members of the whānau.
Our service provides education on:
• What asthma/COPD is
• Medications – what they do, and how to use them effectively
• Trigger identification and management
• Symptom monitoring
• Managing an asthma emergency
• Healthy lifestyles.
The Respiratory and Asthma Coordinator provides educational sessions and health checks at home, on the marae, preschools, workplaces, at Ngā Kākano or any other locations as required. It is a free service for you and your whānau.
There is priority for Māori and high needs clients who face barriers to receiving adequate service.
This is a free service available in Te Puke and surrounding areas as well as Murupara every Tuesday.
AT A GLANCE
- Education, care and support to manage respiratory issues and asthma
- Tailored to individual needs
- Whānau welcome
- One-on-one or group education sessions
- Free service